June 21, 2009

I've been away for a while. This is why.

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I wish I could tell you I was doing something fun, but that's not the case.

I was in Garner, NC, after an explosion at one of my company's plants. Three people lost their lives, many others were injured and countless lives have been forever changed.

There has been a lot of news coverage regarding our plant, where we make Slim Jims, so I won't go into details. However, I do want to say that during the last couple of weeks, I've learned so much about the strength and grace of my ConAgra Foods family in Garner and elsewhere as well as the Garner community as a whole; and I'm absolutely humbled by what I've learned.

Lastly, I hope you'll consider making a donation to the ConAgra Foods Garner Plant Fund, which is being administered by the United Way of the Greater Triangle. The United Way has waived its administration fees for this fund, which means that 100 percent of the money raised will go to employees at our Garner plant and their families.

No comments: