February 24, 2010

Bye Bye Omaha (Chronicles)!

Last August, I moved to a new apartment. I moved for a variety of reasons, including the fact that I wasn’t too fond of the kitchen.

It wasn’t a bad kitchen, but it wasn’t especially friendly. It was off in its own part of the apartment, detached from all the other rooms with little space for people to mill about in it. As a girl who grew up in homes where the kitchen was always the heart of the house, this was not going to work for me.

So, I moved.

My new kitchen is much nicer. It has better appliances, more usable counter space, an island with outlets and more cupboard space than I’ve been able to fill so far. Definitely an upgrade.

I’m pretty well settled into the new kitchen now (don't ask about the rest of the apartment), and I think it’s time for some more change. Following the advice of some of my friends, I’m moving to a WordPress blog.

The Omaha Chronicles has been a great experiment (a blog with training wheels!) for me. And, despite what my extended absence might indicate, I like blogging, especially since it gives me another outlet to talk about food. But I’ve always had a nagging feeling that “Omaha Chronicles” wasn’t the right place for me. I chose the name with a different plan in mind and then food blogging came along and smacked me upside the back of my head.

Since some quirk of fate has come along and pointed me in a direction I didn’t expect, I’ve decided to go in that direction.

With that… I hope you’ll join me at my new blogging home.

The Kitchen Trials. Me vs. The Kitchen. With no supervision.

Don’t worry about the lack of supervision though.

I bought a fancy new fire extinguisher and replenished my first aid kit.

No comments: